Wednesday, September 12, 2012

For Grandma and Grandpa

My parents recently moved to Peru, and the thought occurred to me that I should start blogging again, even though I call my parents every week.  This way I could share pictures and also journal about our lives.  A ton has happened since the last blog post, but I'm not going to go back, I'm just going to write about what is happening in our lives right now.
Hunter (6) recently started first grade.  He is in the Spanish Immersion Program this year.  So in the morning he goes to one classroom where everything is taught in English.  Then right before lunch he goes to a different classroom where everything is taught in Spanish.  He really enjoys going to school and likes learning a different language.  Everyday when he comes home he tells us about all the different words he is learning in Spanish.  I have to stop myself from correcting his accent.  His Spanish teacher is from Argentina so he is learning to say words with an Argentina accent.  (which Weston loves).  Just this week he brought home some math homework (all math is done in Spanish), and they are working on least and greater or in Spanish menor y mayor.  Well I was saying mayor the way I say it, and he corrected me and said it with an Argentina accent.  "That the way Sra. Z says it." he told me.  I can already tell that it's going to be a great year.



Walter (4) is at home with me.  He loves soccer and enjoys that Weston is his coach.  (I will take pictures of him this week at soccer and post them next time)  We still do school at home and he enjoys it, but he also misses Hunter.  Just last night I heard him talking to Hunter at night time.  He was telling Hunter not to go to school, but to stay home with him.  (I will also try to get pictures of the day to day activities that we do during school time.)  Walter also starts Talking Time (Speech Therapy) again this week.  He is really excited, because at least for a little while, he feels like he is going to big boy school.  
Quincy (5 months) is growing and growing.  He can sit up by himself really well now, and he wants to crawl, but has yet to figure out that he has to move his arms and legs at the same time.



Our newest past time as a family is going on family bike rides.  Weston and I recently got new bikes and then we also got a bike trailer.  Which only fits on my bike.  (I tease Weston that he purposely got a bike that the trailer couldn't be attached to)  But so far it has been so much fun.  Walter and Quincy love it and I hope to be able to start going on small errands with them on my bike.



Well that's a small update on our family right now.  More to come next week.  And I am going to try to take more pictures of small events that occur in our lives.  Sometimes I forget about taking pictures or I only take pictures of the big events.  I did find this list online that I hope will help me take more pictures of the small day to day activities:  Fall Photo Checklist

No comments: