Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Marching (March 1-12)

The sun finally came out in the month of March, and the boys love it.  We have been playing outside almost every day. Luckily on our street there are other small children, so there is always someone to play with outside. 
Quincy's initails are QB so football is in his future.  He has become more familiar with the ball.  And he is starting to learn the ropes. 

Quincy has become my shopping companion.  Here he is waiting in line at Wal-Mart.  I guess he really wants me to open those puffs. 

 And yes, I know I have said it before, but isn't Quincy the cutest little boy. 
One of my sister in laws asked us to write about the day to day activties that happen on a normal day, so though I don't have any pictures besides the one above and a couple of the craft night below, I thought I would include the write up of my typical day, because some of the moments are funny, and silly and other are just day to day life.
A day in the Life of a Mother with 3 boys
Wake up to two already full of energy little boys. (Hunter and Walter)
Remind them at it is only 6:30 and they don't have to be so loud, especially since Quincy is still sleeping
Get ready for the day and serve the boys a nice "homemade" bowl of cereal.
Quincy wakes up, and we finish getting everything done so we are ready for school.
Take Hunter to school, remind him to make good choices and tell him that we love him
Talking Time was cancelled so we did laundry.
I think I ran the washer and dryer all day with the mounds of clothes that these boys (that includes Weston) wear.
Start cleaning the house.
Daydream about all the home improvement that I would like to do.
Spent more time then I probably should on Pinterest
Run to the grocery store with Quincy and Walter
Quincy goes down for his morning nap.
Spend some time with Walter- we are really working on using the phrase (for talking time) "It's A (S-blend ) word" like "It's a spider. It's a spoon. or It's a string.
Lunch Time (Quincy is up by now)
Fold Laundry
Run into the other room because Quincy has fallen and hit his nose and Walter is screaming, "Quincy has a bloody nose"
Then I tried to clean Quincy up, but it wasn't very easy, since he didn't like it. I don't know if he was crying because it hurt, of because he was annoyed with my attempts to help him.
After that I wanted to clean up the family room, so I asked Walter to pick up his toys. He told me, that it was too hard. So for the next 40 min, while Quincy and I started on something else, Walter laid on the floor and complained that there were too many toys.
I told him we could solve this problem, by donating some of his toys to DI, he didn't like that idea and started to pick them up. But that only lasted a couple of minutes.
By this time, Quincy and I were in the kitchen. I was preparing dinner, and Quincy was enjoying a snack-Cheerios
The two boys from across the street came and knocked on the door and asked if Walter could come out and play.
I told Walter that he could go out and play as soon as the toys were picked up. Within 5 minutes he had all the toys picked up and was ready to go outside.
But then he came back in and said that he couldn't see his friends.
So Quincy and I went outside to help him find his friends.
We may have stayed out a bit to long talking with my neighbor, because when I came back in the smoke alarm was beeping.
I had left the spatula on the side of the pan and it had melted.
So the food wasn't ruined, but I think I might have to buy a new pan.
I finished making dinner- Shepherd's Pie
Went to pick up Hunter
Then dropped Hunter and Quincy off at home with Weston.
Then I went to the house of our newest Activity Day girl to welcome her to Activity Days and tell her a little bit about the program. (I'm the Counselor over Activity Days in the Primary)
Came home and got the table ready for dinner
Ate dinner and then cleaned up.
Finished cleaning while Weston listened to Hunter read his English and Spanish books.
Got ready for Craft Night which was meeting at my house
Got the kids ready for bed, baths, PJ's, scripture study
Then around 8 p.m. 5 ladies came over and we stayed up until 11:30 working a craft projects. I was able to finish mine, a felt chrysanthemum pillow. Super cute, and I look forward to putting it on my living room couch. That is whenever I buy a living room couch.

Here are a couple pictures from Craft Night.  It really was so much fun. 

 Heidi, Stephanie, Sarah and Lisa worked on Menu Boards
Jen and I worked on Chrysanthemum Pillows.  I forgot to take a pictures of Jen's before she left.  But I'm really excited about how cute they turned out. 

 Then last but not least here are two more pictures of my cute boys. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

Craft night was fun! Cool that you took pics :)

Oh yeah, and I forgot to say on your last post that those Mason jar tops are very cool... even if the boys didn't notice them! I know how that goes ;)