Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Rest of Winter Break




We had a wonderful white Christmas.  During Christmas break the kids were able to play outside numerous times.  Hunter used his snowman kit to build a snowman.  
Sorry I didn't  get all my snow clothes on to get a better picture.  
They sledded down our front lawn.  And one day Weston took them to sled down at Rock Canyon Park.  I stayed at home with Quincy, so we didn't get any pictures.  

They played with the other kids from our street.  

And overall just had alot of fun.  

During all these activities Quincy stayed nice and warm, inside.  

Weston and I went out on a date.  First we went to JCW's for some burgers and then we saw Les Miserables.  
Isn't super cute?

We loved the movie.  I'm sure most of you have seen it by now, but if you haven't, you really should.  

With our BYU basketball season tickets we were able to go to Yogurtland twice.  Every time BYU scores more then 80 points- you can take your ticket to Yogurtland and get 5 free ounces.  The boys already love BYU, so this is just an added bonus.  

Then on New Years Eve we first went to Weston's parents house for some soup and games and then we came back to our house to countdown the New Years.  This year we invited the Wilkey's to join us.  I had a balloon for each hour for the kids to pop.  
7 p.m. photos
8 p.m. Snowball Minute to Win games (Found Here)
9 p.m. Dance -the Wilkey's brought there Wii and the kids played So You Think You Can Dance.  Super cute.  Wish I had taken photos.  
10 p.m. Movie and Popcorn
11 p.m. Ice Cream Break
12 am Ring in the New Year


All the yummy food.  We had way to much.  
I made these edible sparklers.  (Idea found here

Tic Tac's for the Mint-night kiss.  (Idea found here)

Sparkling Apple Cider Jello Jigglers (Idea found here

Here is the one picture I took of all the activities-our family photo.  
I cut all the photo props with my silhouette.  

The night was so much fun, while the kids watched the movie we were able to play games.  And all the kids stayed up except the two babies.  But they woke up when we started blowing the party horns to welcome in the new year.  

Later that week the boys were back outside.  This time I gave them water bottles full of colored water, so they could paint in the snow.  


We ended up with a very colorful snowman.  



During the break I cut (well I used my silhouette to cut) 100 of these.  
 to make these owls (one for each of the kids in our primary).   We used them for our Whoo Are You Breakfast.  
The Primary theme this year is: I Am a Child of God.  
They also found out Whoo their teacher was for the coming year.  


And the Bishopric served them breakfast.
The lanterns that are hanging around were turned into owls as well.  I just added some button eyes and paper beaks, paper wings and paper feet.


I also set up the bulletin board for the Primary Room.  Unfortunatly the mirror has already fallen off-luckily it's not broken, but I need to find a better way to keep it up.  

It was so nice to have all the kids home, hopefully we created a lot of good memories for them.  

No comments: