Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Little Bit of October Fun

Quincy has learned how to crawl!!!
I tried to take a video of him crawling last week, but I was when it came time to perform, he was a little reluctant.  So I will try to get a better one soon.  But just in-case you need proof, I'll share this short video with you.



Here are a couple of cute pictures of Quincy as well.


He drools a ton.  I think he might be teething, but he has yet to have a tooth pop put.  

Black-Out Game
Weston and Walter went to the BYU Black-Out Game on Saturday.  I'm still not sure about the reason behind a black-out game, besides maybe making all the fans buy another shirt.  Because that is exactly what we did.  I was able to find a shirt for Weston at the grocery store, but they didn't have any kid sizes.  So I went to Michael's and got a kids small black shirt.  Then I came home and used my silhouette to cut out a Y.  Luckily I had some blue heat transfer.  And within a couple of minutes Walter had a BYU Black-out shirt.






Here they are super excited for the game.  I only wish BYU had won.  Weston told me that Walter started crying when he realized that his team wasn't going to win.

Halloween Treats and Activities

For Family Home Evening we made some Halloween Cookies and then delivered them to two of our neighbors.  Since we made two batches each of the boys had a bowl.  They like helping in the kitchen, especially if it means that they get a treat as well.



 I put the cookies in bags, not so sure it that was a smart idea, since the cookies started to slide a bit.  We actually Booed the two families.  The boys really enjoy doing this simple, but fun holiday tradition.


We also made Name Skeletons.  I made Quincy's first and showed the boys what we were going to do. I should have realized that this activity was more suited for older children, because Walter needed me to cut almost all of his.  And  this is actually Hunter's second attempt.  But it was a good practice for fine motor skills, and they look pretty cool.  


I found this idea at My Mix of Six 


Then in my spare time I have been busy making a couple of Halloween crafts as well.
I made these two decorations also using my silhouette.  They are currently on my mantle and they add a bit more color to all the white, black and orange that the rest of my Halloween decorations consist of.


I also have been super busy sewing Halloween costumes.  Walter's is all done, Hunter's is about 1/3 of the way done and I haven't started on Quincy.  Only 15 more days I better get busy.


1 comment:

Mom of 12 said...

Looks like you are having so much fun! Your boys are way cute.
Sandy